Soup is a guilty treat for my husband. Whenever he indulges in a week of rich food, he opts for a dinner of soup one of the days. To keep the soup as light as possible, I make it as a pure broth infused with a lot of ginger and herbs. The amount of vegetables which go in can easily make it a rich broth but the addition of lean chicken makes it a hearty meal. Served with garlic bread (or ciabatta), this soup will help cleanse the pallet for more days of delicious recipes.
- Chicken – 1/2 breast cut into cubes
- Carrots – 1 large sliced
- Potatoes – 1 large sliced
- Celery – 1 stalk sliced
- Tomatoes – 1 large cut into wedges
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – 2 inch piece julienned
- Coriander – small bunch chopped
- Chicken broth – 1l
- Wrustashire sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper corns – 1 teaspoon
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Add chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic, ginger, black pepper corns, wrustashire sauce and chicken broth into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and cook until the chicken is done.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander and garlic bread (or ciabatta).