Jungle Curry Paste or “Gaeng Bpa Curry Paste” packs some great Thai flavors which are more intense than the popular Red Thai Curry Paste. The paste can be used to make delicious Thai sauces for meat or seafood.
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Dried chillies – 8
- Green chillies – 6
- Kaffir lime zest – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Lemongrass – 2 tablespoons thinly sliced
- Black pepper corns – 1/4 teaspoon
- Corriender stems – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Galangal – 2 inch piece finely chopped
- Large shallots – 1 finely chopped
- Shrimp paste (belacan) – 1 tablespoon
- Red Thai curry paste (store bought) – 3 tablespoons
- Put all the ingredients, except the red Thai curry paste, into a food processor and grind to a rough consistency.
- Add the red Thai curry paste and pulse into a smooth paste.
- Use to make a spicy curry sauce for chicken, pork or seafood.